I just happened to have some very ripe bananas and guess what! Ripe bananas are perfect for making banana bread as it naturally sweetens the bread. This recipe is especially easy as it does not require fancy equipment like mixers + the ingredients are fairly easy to find!
4 very ripe bananas, peeled
1/3 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
Here are some tips/ troubleshooting for the recipe:
- Always preheat your oven beforehand & make sure its set on the “top + bottom heating & fan” aka “convection” setting.
- Grease the tin with either butter/ flavourless oil – canola/ sunflower.
- Melt the butter fully. I placed my cold butter into the microwave for 30 secs on high.
- Careful not to overmix!
- BE CREATIVE: Add whatever ingredients you like into the batter (after mixing in the plain flour) -Chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, etc!
- To check if the cake is done/ fully cooked, stick a toothpick into the cake and see if it comes out clean. If there is cake batter on the toothpick, place it back in the oven for 2-3 more minutes, or until it is clean.
- Cool the cake before flipping the cake out of the tin.
- Cake can be kept up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- I personally believe that banana bread is best served warm with ice cream! 😉
Till next time,